söndag 25 november 2012

Kate & Leopold


I was reminded the other week about this movie: Kate & Leopold that I saw as a teenager and I thought I'd re-watch it. I totally did not remember how funny this movie is, it has it's brilliant moments for sure, and I thought I'd post in this blog some of the funniest things:

The movie opens up with a great speech about a bridge that has just been "erected" in New York City in ca 1870.
"As the pyramids testify to the Egyptians so my glorious erection shall represent our culture in perpetuity. Behold rising before you the greatest erection on the continent. The greatest erection of the age! The greatest erection on the planet!"

I lol:ed so much at this one :P

This movie starrs Liev Schreiber (Stuart) who travels back in time and accidentally brings back to 2001 the Duke of Albany (Leopold) and in one scene he is trying to get his ex-girlfriend (Kate) away from him and Leopold. "Women have changed since your time Leo, they've become dangerous."


Then he tells Leopold that he can't go out into the streets of New York:
"Look at you, you look like some sort of psycotic escapee from a Renaissance fair."

Kate's brother takes a shine to Leopold and invites him to have dinner with them. But Leo is not enjoying his meal very much:


Leo -"Where I am from the meal is the result of reflection and study. Menus are prepared in advance, timed to perfection. It is said without the culinary arts the crudeness of reality would be unbearable."
Charlie - "Well we have a saying in the McKay family; you shake and shake the ketchup bottle, none will come and then alot'll"

I love the part when Leopold makes breakfast for Kate and she starts crying while eating the toast. Possibly because it's so good and probably because it's the most considerate thing anyone has ever done for her.

Strawberries on toast with mascarpone
(I have to try this!!)
I would cry too if Hugh Jackman made me breakfast!

I have never really thought about it before, but in this movie I think Liev Schreiber is a total hottie. I never noticed before how handsome he is, because often in movies he gets to play the bad guy. But in this movie I noticed him, and how young he looked there. It's a double hottie-movie^^ 

Could it be because of those killer eyes he always plays the bad-guy? Rawr :P

In the end of the movie Stuart (Liev) tries to explain to Kate how he can have a picture of her in the 1870's

"Theoretically speaking if you go to the past in the future then your future lies in the past. And that is a picture of you in the future, in the past."


I love funny movies, but especially ones with brilliant sense of humor, language-geek as I am I tend to collect quotes and this movie has a lot of good ones. ^_^ Highly reccomended for someone who has not seen it. If you don't want to see it for the sense of humor, then you can definitely see it because of Hugh Jackman!
^_~

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar